Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
- Stop subsidising IPPs for the Gas or Fuel they use to run to produce Electricity! I am sure the YTLs and Malakoffs have by now fully recovered their high cost of capital to start their plants AND THEN SOME. In addition, it is surely unethical to continue to subsidise a private enterprise that is making so much money it is expanding on the back of subsidies instead of giving scholarships...
- Stop giving away APs and instead have all those people who can afford it actually PAY the high cost of these cars! I say it is sick that a rich man can afford to get an AP and hence get a hundred thousand ringgit discount to bring a Ferarri into the country, especially when the same hundred thousand ringgit could pay for 2 years of a Medical Student's scholarship or all of 3 years of tuition fees for an undergraduate Pharmacy student in Australia.
- By all means, stop paying Highway concessionaries to stop them from raising toll rates. If toll Highway users are upset, tell them to learn to car pool - they won't anyway, Petrol is still too cheap from subsidies for Malaysians to want to bother sharing cars or even try public transport! Tell them if they just RM1/day higher tolls, maybe a few talented kids from Bario or Kuala Sepetang will get a chance to study Engineering in the US.
- et al.
But for gods sakes, don't cut any of our scholarships! DS Najib, please sack DS Nazri before he loses you the election...
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
- DS Nazri TS Aziz - Much disliked due to his frequent verbal abuse of Tun Dr M, opposition, critics, bloggers... actually, everybody! Being a big shot's son does not help, personafies the image of UMNO 'nobles' at its worst, arrogant and disconnected from the Rakyat. Recent taxi rate hikes backfired with taxi drivers claiming it was 'to his benefit' and saving of BN's blushes at the Budget vote would not have been necessary if he did his job as party whip!
- TS Koh Tsu Koon - What is the point of having this man, known as an ultra-racist in civilised clothes even among some Penang Chinese, still in cabinet? He lost PRU12, his party lost the state of Penang, the party still struggles for leadership, with BN cringeing at the idea of a Gerakan candidate for the potential Batu by-election, and he cannot do any cabinet work! DS Najib had to appoint DS Idris Jala to do TS Koh's work! Just sack TS Koh already!
- DS Hishamuddin Hussein - Some would argue it would have been worst leaving him in the Education Ministry, unfortunately, I am not so sure! As the custodian of our police and internal security forces, he may have not presided over as enormous boo-boos as his predecessors, Pak Lah and TS Syed Hamid, but his penchant for seeking the media spotlight does not suit a ministry that works very much in the background... when it is doing well...
- DS Rais Yatim - As one who supported his bid for UMNO Vice President on the back of his experience, I am actually disappointed at how poorly DS has performed in his 'super-ministry'. He remains cultured and well spoken, but appears to be overwhelmed by the ideas of the day and the media tools now needing to be mastered in the increasingly 'post-digital' era. It's about ideas man... let them roam... don't just tell us... build your message with us...
I am sure to have incited some anger and hatred... again... but then what to do? I'm hardly the only person saying the above.
PS - I didn't mention explicitly about the new 'private' being made a Cabinet Minister as the idea is too moronic to contemplate. DS Najib does still want to win PRU13, I am sure.